Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Love It Here

Ok so so so much to say this first week so it may be long but to start off thanks for all the emails, dear elders, and letters. I can't tell you how much it means. It is true;  it really is like the best thing ever to get a package or letter or dear elder. so thanks!!!! It is hard for me to write back to all the letters but I will try my hardest:) but if i don't keep sending them because it seriously is the best and packages xoxo. 






This is my address but dearelder.com is another great way to write it is free and I get it the day you write it. my address is

Sister Rebekah Elton
MTC mailbox #298
BRA-MAC 0514
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT
84604 
Oi familia and amigos. Tudo bem???
haha that is about how much Portuguese I know ha ha but everyone keeps saying the language will come so lets pray it does. I am starting to understand it but it is still really hard. But i think the most important thing is to not get too down about it cause it is all good:) SO i miss you guys a lot and love so much to hear from you but to be honest I love it here! there are hard days and long days but I know I doing this for the Lord. We keep listening to come come ye saints and every time I think about you dad. "happy day!" and that is what is here. It can be overwhelming but i just have a good attitude and have fun. haha my MTC teach asked my what I like to do and I said have fun haha and when that answer wasn't sufficient i said I love to look at architecture. haha everyone in my district legit thinks i am a hippie. I kinda love it because you all know that is a hidden dream of mine.

The MTC living and food is good! I don't know why everyone complains about it so much! i love the salads, wraps, and onion rings. There is tons of choices though and i eat fruit with PB everyday and grapefruits with salt.
So I taught my first investigator last week on Friday. It was really hard because we had to teach in Portuguese. I just sat there is smiled while my fluent (pratically haha) companion talked. Then I managed to get out Dues is my amigo and casa muta bem energia. God is my friend and your house has a nice energy. I am sure he thought I was a trip, anyways we taught him again yesterday and I cried while saying my tesitmony. It is crazy how much love you get for your investigators, i honestly already care so much about them.


My companion is amazing and so sweet we get along very well. Word to all the future missionaries out there...don't stress to much, give it your all, and know God will accept your efforts but still have fun. Don't be that missionary that doesn't work but I have learned work hard and give the Lord everything but still have fun and be happy.




Other than crying in my lesson, no tears so far. I miss you guys though I promise, but this is the most amazing work I have done. Honestly it is so different and so hard but it is an unreal experience.
Ok so mom, sarah, and gracee make sure you watch the YW general broardcast. Promise me? It is so amazing. I watched it over the weekend and it made me think of you guys especially the girl going to the temple video. I loved how it showed a mission before temple marriage. I would encourage any girl to go. I love you sarah and gracee you are such beautiful daughters of God.
Christain you will absolutely love the MTC just remember to be happy, selfless, and completely dedicated to the lord, and it will be an amazing spiritual high.
It is so amazing how many sisters are here! It really is a rising generation. They are all so beautiful and stylish too. Girls if you are super stressed out on what to bring stop stressing just bring cute stuff that is you. Like for sure try to follow the guidelines but really anything seems to go.
It is probably only because I am now serving but I felt as all of general conference was directed to missionaries. Reminding us all to be missionaries and to be obedient. I loved the talk by L. Whitney Clayton on marriage because it seems crazy but now I am on my mission I think about marriage and family even more than before. I really feel like I am preparing for my future family and the person I am becoming will help me be a better wife and mother. We each have so much to look forward too and now is the time to prepare.

Wow!  wasn't conference amazing??? I could talk about it all day. I kept noticing the story of Daniel seeing the rock come forth looking like a stone without hands with righteous members.. That is us! YAY!!!! we are doing the lords work.
I think before I came I thought about myself a lot and my own personal needs but I have learned this:


Quote of the week: We will be the LORD's missionaries." (to bring the world his truth) honestly this is so true and the sooner you find that out the better we are here soly for the Lord. I don't doubt I will reap many rewards but that is not at all my purpose. I am here only for the Lord. I have leaned to be real, have fun, and be mysellf. Work hard. and enjoy my time because it seriously flies.



oh yes btw most people going Brazil are getting reassigned to bills, Montana or Cali or Texas. So I will not be surprised if it happens to me. but its ok my zone leader said this "how tight is to be a missionary that is need in 2 areas"
I feel like this is my own spiritual journey it is not easy but so worth it. xoxo
 anyways I love you all so much!!!!! please write and email I am trying to write today... also with any questions love love love love xoxo
Sister Elton




No comments:

Post a Comment